In this short course you are going to find out how Cloud computing works and what it brings to the Windows Phone user. You will learn how to use the cloud for data storage and databases, farm out heavyweight tasks for cloud data processing and use the cloud to perform identity validation.
The main section focuses on the Windows Azure Windows Phone Toolkit, providing examples of all the features that are available to Windows Phone from the cloud and how to use the facilities to pull out the relevant parts of the code for cloud application.
This material assumes a working knowledge of the C# programming language, simple networking and Windows Phone development.
The following topics are covered in this material:
- Services on the Internet
- Networking Refresher
- Browsing the World Wide Web
- How Web Servers Work
- Web Pages and State
- Distributed Processing using Web Services
- Representational State Transfer and Services
- Network security
- User Authentication
- An Introduction to the Cloud
- An Overview of the Cloud
- Creating Software Based Service
- Windows Phone and the Cloud
- Windows Azure Services
- Windows Azure Overview
- Installing the Windows Azure Software
- Making our first Windows Azure Project
- Publishing an application on Windows Azure
- The Windows Azure Management Portal
- The Windows Azure Windows Phone Toolkit
- Building the Windows Phone Toolkit Application
- The Toolkit Application Cloud Services
- The Windows Phone Client Application
- Authentication Management
- Using the Sample Classes in the Toolkit
- The Toolkit Example Code
Instructor Supplement (Requires Faculty Verification)
There is an Instructor Supplement that requires you be a verified faculty member to download it. If you are already verified just Sign In above and you can download this information. If you have not yet become a verified faculty member go to the Registration page, click Subscribe and complete the registration information.