C# is a modern and professional object-oriented programming language which when combined with the Microsoft XNA framework creates the XNA Game Studio – a professional game development environment for Xbox 360 and Windows Phone development.
- Explore game and simulation development as communication and art.
- Apply knowledge of variables, conditionals, loops, Object-Oriented programming, recursion, and data structures to game creation.
The free curriculum package includes:
- A Teacher Roadmap
- A semester curriculum framework
- Daily lesson plans
- Demonstration projects
- 14 video tutorials
- 22 lab assignments and solutions
- Student activities
- Assessment tools with keys and exemplars
The lessons are aligned to CSTA, ITEA-STL, and ISTE-NETS standards. An online community provides support for teachers.
Success Scenario: This material is designed for students who have had experience with a structured programming language and a basic understanding of variables, conditionals, loops, and Object-Oriented Design.